2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend canceled
updated December 6, 6:34 p.m.
The safety of race participants, volunteers and spectators is and always has been our top priority. After careful consideration with race officials, City of Memphis and Office of Emergency Management officials, and the Memphis Police Department, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel this year’s St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend due to weather conditions.
As a result, we are providing registered participants in the 2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend races with multiple options to accommodate this unfortunate turn of events. Participants may choose from one of the following options:
- St. Jude will apply their registration to one of these upcoming events:
- P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon and Half-Marathon (January 19, 2014)
- Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon and Half-Marathon (February 2, 2014)
- St. Jude Country Music Marathon and Half-Marathon (April 26, 2014).
NOTE: St. Jude will not cover any expenses other than the application of the registration fee, subject to race availability.
- Receive a refund of your registration fee for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend or allow your registration fee to be donated to St. Jude.
Finally, registered participants in the 2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend will have the first opportunity to sign up for the 2014 event during a special registration window to be announced later.
In the very near future we will communicate to 2013 participants in more detail. We want to express our deepest thanks to all of the participants, volunteers and spectators who have long trained, worked and traveled to support the patients and families of St. Jude through this amazing annual event. We hope everyone will come back to support the 2014 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend. The money raised at events like the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend are critical to our ability to treat kids with cancer and ensure no family ever pays St. Jude for anything.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.