St. Jude Memphis Marathon Relay
Fourth Street at Beale Street
Saturday, December 5, 2015
How to register
- The marathon relay has reached capacity and is closed to new teams.Each member must register and pay individually.
- Your team must consist of five participants. Team can be male, female or coed.
- Coed teams must have a minimum of two females.
- Each team member will be registered as Classic Level St. Jude Heroes and asked to raise funds for St. Jude kids. There is no fundraising minimum, but you can earn special race-day incentives. Learn more.
- Your team will share a single B-Tag timing belt. Each participant must wear the belt during their portion of the relay. Each team member’s bib will have the same race number.
- Relay bibs cannot be personalized.
- If a team member must leave the team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll remove the team member and refund the member's registration fee. Please allow 5-10 days for the refund to post to your credit card. The deadline to receive a refund is 11/15/2014.
- Replacement team members must contact email@example.com to register. The new team member will be required to pay the registration fee.
To take full advantage of all race support, relay runners should maintain a 14-minute/mile pace.
11 years old or older as of race day.
- Leg #1 – 5K (3.1 miles) – Start at the marathon start line.
- Leg#2 – 10K (6.2 miles) – Two 5Ks in one! The relay exchange station located at Third Street and Gayoso.
- Leg #3 – 6.1K (3.8 miles) – The relay exchange station located at Overton Park – Veterans Plaza, just north of the Memphis College of Art.
- Leg #4 – 10.55K (6.55 miles) – Think of it as half of a half marathon. The relay exchange station located on Beale Street just east of Fourth Street.
- Leg #5- 10.55K (6.55 miles) – The final leg (and also a half of a half marathon). The relay exchange station is located at East Parkway near Monroe Avenue, and you’ll finish in beautiful AutoZone Park.
On race day
- The lead runner will start at the marathon start line. All other team members should be at their respective relay exchange stations.
- Relay exchange stations for legs two and four are within walking distance of the start and finish lines. Shuttles are provided to relay exchange stations for legs three and five. Your relay bib serves as your shuttle ticket. Race spectators cannot use the shuttles.
- Relay exchange stations are equipped with water, PowerAde and limited medical supplies.
- Relay exchange stations for legs two, three and four will have a small bag check area. Label your bags using the bag check tag, which can be removed from your bib.
- On-course signs will alert runners as they approach a relay exchange station. The incoming runner should make his/her bib visible to station volunteers and their team member. Bib numbers will be announced as the runners approach, so know your bib number.
- As you finish your leg of the race, you'll be directed to cross the timing mat. This will provide a split time for each relay team member.
- Incoming runners should run across the mat to the transition area, where they can exchange the B-Tag timing belt with the runner of the next leg. Once the runner has given the timing belt to the next runner, he/she must clear the course immediately to make room for other relay participants.
- The runner of the next leg should not cross a timing mat until he/she reaches the end of their own portion of the race.
- The final runner will return the timing belt at the Relay Belt Return and then pick up all team medals. Failure to return the belt entails a $30 fee and forfeits finisher medals.