Become a Hero
The default player for embedding or displaying video on stjude.org. Default size: 480x270
Why be a St. Jude Hero?
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened in 1962.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs we make, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
As a St. Jude Hero, you'll get access to:
- a personal fundraising website
- tips for training and fundraising
- St. Jude Heroes training coach
Additional St. Jude Heroes benefits:
- Raise $100: St. Jude Heroes singlet
- Raise $500: St. Jude Heroes Pasta Party (Subject to availability; see details below.)
- Raise $1,000: Entrance to the race-day Heroes lounge (See details below.)
The fundraising deadline for St. Jude Heroes is December 31, 2014.
About St. Jude Heroes Pasta Party
Tickets are limited. Gold Level Heroes will have the first opportunity to reserve tickets, followed by Silver (if available), then Bronze (if available) and then Classic Level Heroes who have raised $500 or more (if available). Once all tickets have been reserved, no more reservations can be accepted.
St. Jude Heroes Race-Day Lounge ($1,000 fundraising required)
On race day, St. Jude Heroes who have raised a minimum of $1,000 will gain access to the Heroes Lounge located in the Tennessee Ballroom of the Peabody Hotel. Wristbands must be reserved in advance. Further information will be available at a later date.